101 quick and easy tips to generate free traffic for your blog.
1. Give away your best content.
2. Don’t write about the mundane things in your life.
3. Write a timeless post that kicks ass for years to come!
4. Update old posts.
5. Write about Facebook.
6. Write about Google.
7. Write about Twitter.
8. Submit your site to RSS feeds.
9. Write about other bloggers’ posts.
10. Create a “best of the best” list.
11. Become an authority in your niche.
12. Write short, poignant posts.
13. Do interviews with the most popular bloggers in your niche.
14. Use polls, surveys and giveaways.
15. Create a list (like this one).
16. Write a tutorial.
17. Join a blog carnival.
18. Answer questions on Yahoo!Answers.
19. Share the secrets that made your blog successful.
20. Go DoFollow and submit your blog to DoFollow directories.
21. Write long, in-depth posts.
22. Reply to your comments.
23. Reply to your email.
24. Discuss the pros and cons of a topic.
25. Share links.
26. Write beginners post.
27. Write a post for advanced readers.
28. Encourage your readers to bookmark your posts.
29. Bookmark your posts yourself.
30. Interview people with opposing views.
31. Post with personality.
32. Write posts people want to read and share.
33. Create linkbait.
34. Ask a question everyone is afraid to ask.
35. Post your photos on photosharing sites.
36. Put an outrageous photo in your post.
37. Make your posts easy to share.
38. Encourage visitors to subscribe to your RSS feed.
39. Create urgency in your titles, make readers think they will miss out if they don’t read it.
40. Have a compelling opt-in.
41. Write a report, white paper, or eBook and give it away for free.
42. Create a head-to-head competition.
43. Mention useful, but lesser known resources.
44. Write a post that solves a problem.
45. Create inspirational posts.
46. Write a controversial post.
47. Create a 30-day challenge.
48. Share your statistics with your readers.
49. Write an article on the top Digg stories in your niche.
50. Start a discussion in your comments section.
51. Write a post answering your readers questions.
52. Add to a list begun by another blogger.
53. Bust a myth.
54. Crowdsource your next post idea.
55. Post a satirical article.
56. Read and comment on other blogs.
57. Look for ideas on other blogs.
58. Create pillar articles.
59. Skip intros and jump to the body of the post – your readers do.
60. Point out something contradictory or ironic.
61. Write a series.
62. Create a more efficient way of doing something.
63. Develop a plugin or widget.
64. Take in other people’s ideas and learn from them.
65. Tell a story with pictures.
66. Combine a few older posts into a new series.
67. Change up your posting style.
68. Showcase your best posts on Web 2.0 sites like Squidoo, HupPages, etc..
69. Post on the weekends because less bloggers post then.
70. Create an April Fool’s day gotcha article.
71. Write about how your niche has changed.
72. Invite guest posts.
73. Post with consistency.
74. Aggregate ideas from multiple sources into one post.
75. Broadcast from a live event.
76. Write a post about a scam.
77. Get your fellow bloggers together and write reviews of each other’s blogs.
78. Focus on one topic, in detail, so you become a recognized expert in that field.
79. Be opinionated.
80. Answer questions in deeper, more specific ways than currently exist.
81. Write posts that include trackbacks to other blogs so that they will notice you.
82. Respond to criticism in a post.
83. Put thought into post formatting to increase readability.
84. Don’t try to be all things to all people.
85. Check your analytics to see what keywords are generating traffic and write more posts on those keywords.
86. Contrast multiple positions in a post.
87. Always be improving your blog.
88. Use simple language, don’t make your readers have to pull out a dictionary to understand your posts.
89. Write a post about frequently asked questions in your niche.
90. Post questions that should be asked about your niche, but no one has asked.
91. Create a list of jargon with definitions for your niche.
92. Write a product review.
93. Submit your sitemap to Google.
94. Update your blog’s design.
95. Use a human voice.
96. Use a translation plug-in to translate your blog posts into multiple languages.
97. Submit your posts to article directories.
98. Write a press release for your blog.
99. Add a forum.
100. Interlink your posts.
101. Ping the comments you left on other blogs.
Start implementing these tips today and see your traffic increase.
Have a tip to add or something else to say, please leave a comment.